Wednesday, August 12, 2009

La Semana que Viene

1 Week. 7 Days. 168 Hours. 10,080 Minutes. 604,800...604,799...604,798 Seconds.

It's about that time and the reality is slowly starting to set in. Throughout the now seven month odyssey that has been joining the Peace Corps, I have been able to wait patiently with each passing stage in the process. Only now with seven days to go is my patience being put to the test. Only now does this experience feel truly imminent.

While those 600,000+ seconds tick away, there is much to pack and many good-byes to be said. I also have an almost uncontrollable urge to do something borderline irresponsible. Jump from a plane perhaps? Something low on sense and high on adrenaline. One last experience at home before 2 years worth of experiences abroad. I think I must.

1 comment:

  1. Jumping out of a plane is exactly what I need right now! The anticipation is too much my friend.

    ReplyDelete